History of the Company
The history of EMCO Magdeburg counts more than 100 years.
Established in 1892 as Magdeburger Werkzeugmaschinen AG, EMCO Magdeburg takes advantage from the long manufacturing tradition of the Company. Over the last century, which was particularly marked by German political history, the ownership structure of the company has undergone regular changes.
Since 2003, the Company belongs to EMCO Group and has completely reorganized its production area, specializing in manufacturing complete precision systems that are sent directly to suppliers’ assembly lines in a production-ready state. In making these changes, the company has set a decisive course for the future In making these changes, the company has set a decisive course for the future.
EMCO Magdeburg with its headquarters in Hallein maintained their close collaboration, resulting ín 2010 in the introduction of a new vertical lathe: EMCO VERTICAL TURN VT 250. The two companies’ synergies that arose from the many different experiences and skills provide a decisive advantage for customers.
|1892||Foundation of the company in Magdeburg.|
|1935||Take-over by Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke|
|1950-1966||Leading manufacturer of high-performance turning machines in Eastern Germany.|
|1990||June 20th: Conversion of the firm owned by the people into Werkzeugmaschinenfabrik Magdeburg Ltd (machine tool builder).|
|1999||Foundation of Magdeburg Werkzeugmaschinen AG and continuation of the business activities after insolvency.
Shares: 90% Dr. Kovats, 10% employees.
|2003||Cooperation within the EMCO Group and manufacturer of all precision systems as headstocks, tailstocks and carriage systems.|
|2010||Launch of EMCO VERTICAL TURN VT 250|
|2011||Launch of EMCO VERTICAL TURN VT 160|
|2012||Launch of EMCO VERTICAL TURN VT 400|